|Confidence, poise, knowledge, skill. That's you!|
The company has called you in for your first interview. (Yes, there is often more than one!)
Are you ready? Let's see...
- Do you know the jargon, buzz words and lingo of the industry?
- Can you provide at least three reasons you want to work for this particular company/business/organization?
- Do you know most of the common interview mistakes?
- Can you share a few outstanding job-related successes you've had and your role?
- Will you be able to give a few good reasons why the company should hire you?
- Do you have a promotional presentation ready in case you're asked "Tell me about yourself"?
- Do you understand the job description for which you are applying and can you give examples of when you have used the skills needed?
- Can you answer job related technical questions?
- Can you pass employment tests?
- Have you anticipated possible interview questions and how to answer them?
These are just the beginning. I'll continue the list in Part 2.
In the mean time, I wish you all the success on your upcoming interview.