|So, where are you headed?|
Is goal setting really that important, or powerful? Let's see...
Brian Tracy, author of such books as 21 Success Secrets of Self Made Millionaires and No Excuses!, says in his book, Goals!, that setting goals is one of the most powerful ways to create a successful life, professionally as well as personally. I've followed his advice and I can speak from experience:
Goal setting works.
In this and the following post, I review Mr. Tracy's goal setting program and hope it will give you incentive to create your own. You've nothing to lose and all to gain!
- Get started; unlock your potential. Nothing happens until something moves, says Einstein. Begin to formulate your goal plan now.
- Take charge of your life. Step out of the shadow of others. Be the major player in your own affairs.
- Clarify your values. Let them be your guide and light.
- Analyze your beliefs. Some of them may be holding you back. Be honest and face them.
- Create your own future. Write down your dreams and imaginings. Get clear.
- Determine your true goals. What you want is more than just material abundance. Get to the roots.
- Decide upon your Major Definite Purpose. What is it that really drives you, moves you, creates tingles within you?
- Start at the beginning. Be honest about where your head is right now, in this moment. Go from there.
- Set and achieve your financial goals. Get clear on how you want to reach your financial pinnacle.
- Become an expert in your field. Read, listen to success CDs*, go to seminars, get all the info you can about what you want to be best at and commit to practice.
More next time!
*Highly recommended: Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker