Even if you think you've aced the interview, you'll lose out if you haven't paid attention to the following sore spots:
- You have a poor personal appearance
- You come across as a know it all
- You have trouble expressing yourself clearly--shaky voice, mispronunciation, bad grammar
- You have not set a goal--for this job, or your career
- You display a lack of self confidence
- You don't seem very interested in the job or the interviewer
- Your references leave a lot to be desired
- You keep talking about 'the money'
- Your education record is poor, sketchy, or non existent
- You expect more than you should, way too soon
Are you ready?
*This list was taken (and paraphrased) from a list of 39 reasons I found in Sweaty Palms--The Neglected Art of Being Interviewed by H. Anthony Medley (Warner Business Books, 2005)
If you live in the Portland metro area, I can help you rehearse. Click Here for more info.